GLAHW is pleased to open submissions for the Annual Anthology. You must be a current member (paid dues for 2014) of GLAHW to submit. If you would like to join, you may pay your dues at any time as long as you do it before you submit.
This year’s theme is Fairy Tales and Myths – open to all cultures and interpretations.
Deadline for stories is June 30, 2014.
For the tl;dr crowd, the theme for 2014 is Fairy Tales and Myths. You can choose from any fairy tale or myth from any culture, just shoot a message on the Message Board so we don’t have multiple visions of the same tale.
- All stories for this anthology must be stories based on fairy tales and myths. No Urban Legends will be accepted (we already did that anthology). No other type of stories will be accepted.
- Yes we accept Poetry. Poems can be up to fifty lines each.
- Please don’t send us sword & sorcery or space opera stories. Tolkien and Lucas have their place, but not here. Also, we don’t accept “fan fiction” which includes anything based on a video game, book, movie or any other creator’s work. Normally we would say here, “If you don’t own the copyright to the characters in your story, we cannot publish your story”, but for this anthology please make sure your fairy tale or myth is in the Public Domain and you aren’t recycling someone else’s theme – like Hansel and Gretel, Vampire Hunters.
- Please don’t send us “Slash” or Erotica or anything graphically describing sex. Sex is okay, as long as it’s integral to the story, but don’t over-do it. Don’t use gore for gore’s sake. There are anthologies and digests that would love to read your torture porn, but ERIE TALES is not one of them.
- Stories should be between 500 – 5,000 words. This word count is firm. Stories above this word limit will be deleted unread. If you have a story shorter than this, please query.
- Please follow proper manuscript format. If you don’t know what proper manuscript format is, please follow this link. Stories not in proper manuscript format will be returned unread.
- Stories should be submitted as an attachment in either MS Word (.doc, docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- We already have a cover artist, but we’d love to see your B&W art for the interior. See the guidelines for details, or query
- All acceptances will receive one (1) Contributor’s Copy and our humble thanks.
- Deadline for stories is June 30, 2014.
- Expected publication is October, 2014
PLEASE READ ALL Erie Tales VII Guidelines BEFORE SUBMITTING TO SAVE US FROM REPEATED FACEPALMS. We want to use your masterpiece, so please please follow the Erie Tales VII Guidelines so the world can revel in your genius.